Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It Was Never An Accident


My Testimony: JENNY DAWN TOLENTINO

How I came to know the Lord Jesus Christ was not an accident. It was not unusual, because the Lord works in different, most often, mysterious ways. It started with a novel that I read, that was still unpopular at that time. I love to read, mostly novels. Little did I know that through my love for reading, I would be introduced to the Truth.
My name is Jenny and I have been a Christian for 3 years now. I belong to the cell group of Lea Javier in the Women’s Network. I was a happy-go-lucky person. I had no direction, and I didn’t know God.

In July of 2003, I read the book “The Da Vinci Code” upon the encouragement of my sister. She told me that this book would blow my mind off. It did blow my mind off. I remember after reading it, I was so impressed at how good the writer created the story. Every detail was so meticulously explained. And I started to believe most of the things that were written in it.

It stirred up a lot of questions in my mind such as, “Was Jesus really married to Mary Magdalene? Did they have a child? How true was the revelation?” I had a lot of questions, but I didn’t know where to get my answers. So I asked a friend of mine if it was all true. Good thing my friend was already a Christian, and so he told me that it was all lies. As we talked, I was awed by his knowledge because I didn’t know anything about Jesus, or the Bible for that matter. I asked him how did he know about the characters in the Bible? Why did he know so much about God? And he told me he knew them through the Bible. Every story of every person, most especially Jesus Christ is in there. And so I started reading it. I was amazed at how much I hungered for the truth, and how I understood the words written in it, because in the past I have tried to read the Bible, but I never knew what it all meant. But at that time, it was different. I remember I would read the Bible every night, one interesting story after another. I really enjoyed it.

My hunger for the truth didn’t stop there; I wanted to know more. I had a longing deep inside my heart I couldn’t explain. So, I asked my friend one night where he goes to church. And he told me that he has been attending at His Life Ministries at Robinson’s Place, Bacolod. I went with him, and as I entered the Cinema for the first time, I felt an inexplicable joy that I never experienced before. I felt really happy. I loved everything about the Cinema: the people, the music, the preaching. I was never a practicing Christian, I rarely went to church, but after attending that one Service, I knew I wanted to go back the next time. From then on, my life totally changed. I started attending a cell group because I wanted to get to know more about God. I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in September, that same year. Through the church and my cell group, I discovered my life’s purpose.

Looking back, I am just thankful and glad that God led me to the truth. Now I have peace and joy in my heart. I always thank Him that He didn’t allow me to be led astray. I now know that He has many plans for me and my journey with Him has just begun.
To God be praised!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sponsor
Free Web Counters
sponsor